Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III Blessed My Mother: A Testimony of Terminal Ovarian Cancer
Homage to Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III!
Homage to all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas throughout the ten directions and the three periods of time!
I, the humble Buddhist disciple Bhikshuni Shi Zhenghua, am a nun at Hua Zang Si in San Francisco, USA.
My mother, Ms. Lü Shufen, was unfortunately diagnosed with ovarian cancer. The hospital issued multiple critical condition notices and informed our family that her remaining time was limited. We were advised to prepare for her passing in advance so as not to be caught unprepared.
Following her diagnosis, my mother’s condition deteriorated rapidly. Soon thereafter, she developed severe abdominal ascites, and the tumors spread extensively throughout her abdominal cavity and to other organs. Although the hospital repeatedly informed us that her condition was terminal, my father refused to give up hope. He sought treatment from traditional practitioners and obtained medications intended to reduce the ascites and treat the tumors.

Initially, her condition appeared to improve somewhat, and some of the fluid was discharged. However, the ascites repeatedly returned. Moreover, the side effects of the medications became increasingly difficult for her to bear. Each time she took the medicine, she experienced dizziness, nausea, heart palpitations, and intensified abdominal pain.
As time went on, the fluid accumulation became progressively worse. Her abdomen grew larger and larger, and the tumor protruding from her abdomen became increasingly prominent. The protruding area was nearly translucent, as though covered by only a thin membrane that appeared to be at risk of rupturing at any moment.
Her bodily functions steadily declined. Every day was filled with unbearable pain. She became emaciated, little more than skin and bones. Her hands and feet swelled, and she experienced severe difficulty with elimination. She could neither lie down, sleep, nor eat. Each day, she survived only on small amounts of rice broth and other liquids.
In the final stages, she could no longer eat or sleep. Her breathing became weak, and even speaking required tremendous effort. At times, she would lose consciousness. Every moment was filled with suffering beyond words. No matter how strong one’s heart may be, witnessing such a process of illness would inevitably bring tears to one’s eyes.
When I learned of my mother’s condition, I was heartbroken beyond description. At that moment, I felt that only through the compassionate blessings of Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III could there be any hope for her.
With the assistance of Dharma Master Zhengxue from the World Buddhism Association Headquarters and Venerable Ruohui, the Abbot of Hua Zang Si, I traveled to Los Angeles to respectfully request an audience with Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III.
The Buddha Master, in His boundless compassion, graciously received me. Looking upon me with great kindness, He listened as I shared my mother’s condition and respectfully requested His blessing for her to attain rebirth in the Western Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss.

Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III transmitted a Buddha Dharma for my mother. Out of reverence for the Dharma, I am unable to disclose the details publicly.
That very night, I informed my mother that I had requested blessings from Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. She immediately replied, “I know exactly when it happened, because that very night my abdominal pain disappeared.”
From that day forward, the severe pain in her abdomen never returned. Although other symptoms, including swelling, remained, the relief from pain alone spared her from tremendous suffering.
Thereafter, my mother diligently practiced the Buddha Dharma she had received each day. During this period, she experienced two particularly extraordinary dreams.
In the first dream, she saw numerous turtles on the ground. Feeling frightened, she began reciting the Buddha’s name. She then beheld Namo Amitabha Buddha, radiant in golden light, vast and majestic in appearance. Standing beside Namo Amitabha Buddha was another figure whose face she could not see—only an outstretched hand beckoning her forward.

In the second dream, a person carrying a knife entered a house intending to kill. Everyone inside fled in terror. However, my mother thought to herself, “With this body, I cannot run. If I owe a life, then I shall repay it.”
So she sat down and began reciting the Buddha’s name, saying in her heart, “If I owe you my life, then take it. I will not run. I will simply continue reciting the Buddha’s name.”
As she continued reciting, the person suddenly threw away the knife and sat down opposite her. Hanging upon the person’s chest was a sign bearing four words:
“Amitabha Buddha.”
Upon awakening, my mother’s faith was greatly strengthened. She became peaceful and filled with Dharma joy, and our entire family felt immeasurable gratitude for the compassionate blessings bestowed by Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III.
In August 2017, my father brought my mother to a cancer hospital once again in the hope of having the ascites drained. However, the doctors refused to perform the procedure, explaining that the risks were simply too great. They stated that there was a significant possibility that she could die during the operation itself.
There was nothing further they could do.
The doctors repeatedly cautioned my mother to be extremely careful with her abdomen, warning that it could rupture at any moment. They explained that if such a rupture were to occur, her internal organs could potentially protrude, placing her life in immediate danger. While at the hospital, my mother even lost consciousness. The situation had become extraordinarily urgent.
Through yet another set of auspicious circumstances, I was fortunate enough to once again respectfully request an audience with the great Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. I earnestly prayed that the Buddha Master would compassionately guide my mother to rebirth in the Western Pure Land of Ultimate Bliss.
I also reported to the Buddha Master the two extraordinary dreams my mother had experienced. In particular, I shared my father’s deep fear that my mother’s abdomen might rupture, exposing her internal organs. Such an end, he felt, would be unbearably tragic.
Upon hearing this, Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III immediately said:
“Her abdomen will not burst.”
The Buddha Master, in His immense compassion, once again bestowed His blessings upon my mother.
Still worried, I respectfully asked, “Does my mother still have hope of attaining rebirth?”
Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III compassionately replied:
“Of course there is hope. She has already seen Namo Amitabha Buddha in her dream. How could there be no hope? Besides, she still has me.”
Upon hearing these words, the heavy burden in my heart was finally lifted.
If the Buddha Master said that her abdomen would not rupture, then I knew it would not rupture. If He said that there was hope for rebirth, then I knew there was hope. Time and time again, Namo Dorje Chang Buddha III compassionately bestowed blessings without the slightest impatience. Whenever beings sought His help, He responded with boundless kindness and mercy.
On the afternoon of Wednesday, October 25, 2017 (early morning of October 26 in China), I received several photographs from my father.
In the photographs, there appeared to be an opening on my mother’s abdomen from which fluid was draining.
The moment I saw the pictures, my heart leapt into my throat. I thought to myself, “Her abdomen has ruptured.”
I immediately called my father.
As soon as he answered, he excitedly said, “Your mother has turned misfortune into blessing! We must thank Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III for His blessings! Although there was an opening in her abdomen, all of the ascitic fluid drained out through it!”
He estimated that approximately twenty pounds of fluid had been discharged.
He then recounted the details of what had happened.
At approximately 3:00 a.m., my mother lay down to rest. After some time, she noticed that the bedding felt unusually wet, as if she were lying in water. Around 5:00 a.m., my father helped her sit up and discovered that fluid was naturally flowing from her abdomen. He immediately fetched a basin to collect it.
My maternal aunt was also present to help care for my mother that night.
Throughout the entire process, my mother experienced no pain, dizziness, nausea, or any other adverse symptoms. The fluid flowed naturally and continuously. My father later told me that my mother remained calm and was not frightened at all. In fact, she found the experience rather remarkable.
After approximately thirty minutes, a substantial amount of fluid had drained, and her abdomen had noticeably decreased in size. Based on their rough estimate, approximately twenty pounds of ascitic fluid had been discharged.
Concerned that my mother might be exhausted, my father encouraged her to rest before attempting to gently press on her abdomen to see whether any additional fluid remained.
About thirty minutes later, however, something astonishing had occurred.
No matter how carefully he searched, he could no longer find the small opening from which the fluid had drained.
No matter where he looked or how gently he pressed, no additional fluid emerged.
My father repeatedly exclaimed in amazement as he recounted the incident to me:
“It is truly unbelievable! In just half an hour, the opening disappeared. No matter how hard we searched, we could not find it again!”
He continued:
“If not for the blessings of the Buddha Master (H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III), how could such a miracle have occurred? If not for the power of the Buddha Dharma, how could twenty pounds of ascitic fluid have been discharged naturally?”
At that moment, my heart was filled with indescribable emotions—astonishment, joy, gratitude, and wonder. I felt immeasurable gratitude toward the great Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and the compassionate power of the Buddha Dharma.
Such an occurrence was something I had never before heard of or witnessed.
Even the physicians had previously warned us that the pressure within my mother’s abdomen was so great that attempting to drain the fluid in a hospital setting could result in her death during the procedure.
Yet, here she was—at home, without any medical intervention, cared for only by my father and my aunt—safely and naturally discharging approximately twenty pounds of ascitic fluid without pain or discomfort.
Even more astonishing, the opening through which the fluid had drained could no longer be found after only thirty minutes. Afterwards, a simple application of propolis was placed on the area, and there was no redness, swelling, or sign of infection.
Furthermore, the opening had appeared at the very tip of the protruding tumor. By all ordinary reasoning, it seemed impossible that it could heal so quickly.
To our family, one extraordinary event seemed to follow another. If we had not personally experienced and witnessed these events ourselves, we would have found them difficult to imagine.
Later, my father informed the attending physician of what had happened. The doctor reportedly expressed astonishment and stated that, in all the cases known to him, he had never encountered anything similar.
He remarked:
“I have never heard of such a thing, nor have I ever seen anything like it.”
He further commented that my mother’s will to live was extraordinary and that, according to her medical history, most patients in similar circumstances would not have survived for so long.
To our family, we could only attribute this to the compassionate blessings of Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III.
Even now, my heart remains filled with boundless gratitude for the Buddha Master’s repeated acts of compassion and blessings.
I share my mother, Ms. Lü Shufen’s experience of receiving the blessings of Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and the spontaneous discharge of approximately twenty pounds of ascitic fluid with all Dharma brothers and sisters.
May everyone bear witness to the immeasurable power of the true Buddha Dharma taught by Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III and to the Buddha Master’s boundless compassion and loving-kindness.
No matter who one may be, if one sincerely prays and is in accord with Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III in body, speech, and mind, one will undoubtedly receive His compassionate blessings.
I am also sharing the three photographs that my father sent to me with all Dharma brothers and sisters. I affirm that these are the original, unaltered images. The only modification made was resizing them proportionally to facilitate uploading.
Because the affected area of the patient’s body was unusual and may appear disturbing, some viewers may find the images difficult to look at. I respectfully ask for everyone’s understanding.
In order to attest to the authenticity of this account, I have chosen to make these photographs publicly available as supporting evidence. (The three photographs are attached at the end of this testimony.)
I, Bhikshuni Shi Zhenghua, am a fully ordained Buddhist nun who has received the Three Platforms of Complete Ordination.
If I were to speak falsely or deceive sentient beings, I would incur grave karmic consequences.
I solemnly vow that everything I have recounted above is entirely true and contains not a single falsehood.
If I have spoken falsely and deceived others, may I fall into the hell realms.
If, however, everything I have stated is true and accurate, I dedicate all of the merit arising from this account to all sentient beings throughout the Dharma Realm. May everyone have the opportunity to encounter the true Tathagata Dharma of Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, attain great accomplishment, and achieve ultimate liberation.
Homage to Namo H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III!
Homage to all Buddhas and Bodhisattvas throughout the ten directions and the three periods of time!
Humbly written and respectfully submitted,
Bhikshuni Shi Zhenghua
November 4, 2017



Learn more about H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III
Link: https://dharma-hhdorjechangbuddhaiii.org/namo-h-h-dorje-chang-buddha-iii-blessed-my-mother/
#DorjeChangBuddhaIII #MasterWanKoYee #TerminalOvarianCancer #OvarianCancer #BuddhistMiracle #TrueBuddhaDharma #CancerRecovery #BuddhaDharma #FaithAndHealing #NamoDorjeChangBuddhaIII